Old July 11th 08, 02:28 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Meeting place in Luton Airport

In message , at 14:13:06 on
Fri, 11 Jul 2008, HE Elsom remarked:
Buy solid deodorant, tooth powder and solid shaving soap.

I got the "you are a terrorist" treatment with solid deodorant at
Newquay in April. They were also sniffy about used bars of soap and
solid shampoo, and a hoggs pudding (though they might have thought
that that was a biological warfare risk).

Solid deodorant is OK according to BAA's list; but other places may have
different interpretations.

http://www.baa.com/assets/B2CPortal/..._CantDec06.pdf

As we are talking about Luton, they have (had?) a big collection of
things (pinned on a noticeboard) that were banned (ie were liquids or
deemed to be pseudo-liquids). The one that surprised me was lip balm.

This was at a time before they introduced the plastic bags and you
couldn't take any of the things that are currently restricted to 100ml.