Old July 13th 08, 01:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
chunky munky chunky munky is offline

Default Free travel on buses today!

On Jul 12, 1:49 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 05:13:24 -0700 (PDT), Offramp

wrote:
It looks as if Oyster readers are not working on any London bus today.
Why not?

Complete guess but I would expect a software change / download to be the
problem. All the gates are "on line" so can have revised software
downloaded quickly. Buses would get it via the garage system and hence
the comments from TfL about buses needing to go back to garages to be
"reset" later today.

All the buses I used this morning had "defective" card readers. One
driver had put a piece of paper over the reader saying "free day" and
happily telling everyone that it was a "special offer day" on the tube
and buses.
--
Paul C

The problem with the software was that any card touched on a bit of
Oyster kit was hotlisted and permenantly disabled. Anyone affected by
this will have to get a brand new card.

Yet another PFI cock up, albeit only one day, not long after a few
weeks ago when they were updating software on the LU Radios which they
didnt realise was causing them not to work, until alphabetically it
got to D for District! (At least the W&C would be pleased)