Old July 13th 08, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu Steve Dulieu is offline

Default Free travel on buses today!

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message
, at
18:30:18 on Sat, 12 Jul 2008, chunky munky
remarked:

The problem with the software was that any card touched on a bit of
Oyster kit was hotlisted and permenantly disabled. Anyone affected by
this will have to get a brand new card.

Really? Have there been any press reports of this. You'd think people
would have noticed. And what about folks with combined Barclaycard/
Oyster, do you think they'll need a new one too?

If this was the case, how did people manage to "touch out" later in the
day, having attempted to "touch in" earlier?

According to a staff bulletin put out Saturday morning, a "corrupted
electronic file" uploaded overnight meant that any oyster used before 09:30
was hotlisted and permanently disabled. The figure on the bulletin that I
saw said that it could be as many as 100,000 cards that had been killed.
The, admittedly few, stations I went through yesterday all had their gates
set open, so no-one would need to touch in or out to access the system or
leave, This was still the case at 21:55 last night at Turnpike. I suspect
Monday morning is going to be a bit lively...
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.