Old November 26th 03, 12:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.legal
PhilD PhilD is offline

Default Legal challenges and congestion charging for 30 second journey leaving zone?

"Richard J." wrote in message ...
Nick wrote:
In principle I've been agreeing with the congestion charge, but that
was until I was caught in this trap. On an evening and outside zone
hours I would like to drive to my g/f's flat that's inside the zone by
about 100 yards drive. In the morning I would leave the private car
park, enter the zone to drive 30 seconds or even less on a deserted
side street to reach the zone exit

This is not a "trap". You are driving on a public road inside the zone
during the hours of operation. Pay up and stop whingeing. If you don't
like it, get up earlier in the morning or use public transport.

Or walk. 100 yards isn't far. Or cycle (an under-rated mode if
people use it properly).

PhilD