Old July 16th 08, 06:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Beale Peter Beale is offline

Default London Transport and Prince Caspian

Went to see "Prince Caspian" last night - it opens with a very
authentic-looking London scene during the war, including 1940s taxis and
buses, and the entrance to Strand Underground station - then down on to
the platform, and 1938 stock. Presumably the scenes on the platform are
actually Alwych - but I am fascinated to know how the outside scenes
were done. Is it a combination of computer-generated stuff and the
genuine article? The street outside Strand Station had tramlines - in
itself inauthentic, the trams only reached "Savoy St Strand" - but also
they had no conduit slot, and I did not notice OHL either. I note from
the end credits that Prague was one of the places where filming took
place, along with New Zealand, Slovenia and others. I wondered if this
scene was done there.

Peter Beale