Old July 16th 08, 08:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default HST on west london freight line

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message
In article , Paul Scott
I was walking over a bridge near the central line near Hangar Lane
today which has a freight only NR line running beside it and I saw an
HST going into london on that line. Since it was empty I'm guessing it
was a stock transfer but where has it come from and where is it going?

This is usually Paddington - Paddington via Greenford to turn the train,
maybe because a power car has a defect, or to get it the right way round
again after a previous occasion.

Or it could be driver training for Virgin's Blockbuster (IIRC) service.

Possibly, but why use a HST for that? The blockbusters are 221s, so it's not
traction, and Chiltern have a route learning bubble car (which has been
uised for route learning for the blockbuster).

Peter