Old July 16th 08, 11:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Tonight's Meeting

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

Just walked in the house.

Grief - what time did you leave the pub? Midnight?

About that. We were evicted at closing time but stood outside chatting
for a little while after admiring the bendy buses It does take me
about 1 1/2 hours to get home from there too; I don't have a direct
Victoria line train like some you know!

Suggestions were made that this could be a bi-annual event; I leave it
to the masses to discuss the advisability or otherwise of this
suggestion.

This is beginning to smack of organisation. Far better for it to be
arranged as and when people feel like it and with perhaps a bit better
advance notice and reminders given we've had a few "would like to have
come if we'd known" comments.

The date was set a good time ago based on the fact Ian would be in
London and my rest days. I suppose the mistake was assuming people read
messages and maybe we should have had more regular 'a ****up is
occurring' messages.

In future I will be asking for all LU related questions to be submitted
in advance so I have a chance of being able to answer them ;-)

I did note comments before you arrived (can't remember who from) that PC
will be able to answer all our Oyster queries when he arrives! If it's
any consolation, I was grilled on train operation.

Just my 2p worth.

Worth every penny guv!