Old July 17th 08, 02:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Oyster PAYG from Fenchurch Street

Matthew Dickinson wrote:
On Jul 17, 12:54 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

It's not just NR staff. Back in January, IIRC, when I was trying to
sort out an unresolved journey involving Liverpool St suburban, a
member of LU staff at Waterloo (Jubilee)insisted that PAYG was not
yet available anywhere at all on NR. Despite the line in question
having been valid for PAYG for quite a while at that time.

Paul S

Error 57 is what you'll get if you try a PAYG Oystercard on an
gateline with Oyster readers that doesn't accept PAYG.

Not relevant in this case I'm afraid - this was an unresolved [1] PAYG on a
NR PAYG route, that had been PAYG for ages, ie Stratford - Liverpool St, as
listed in the 2006 instructions, with my original Oyster card.

[1] due to taking too long for the overall journey.

Paul S