Old July 20th 08, 08:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Amersham

"Frank Incense" wrote in message
wrote in message
Just been reading on Wikipedia that Amersham might be going down to
having just two trains an hour? Is that not a really poor service?

According to a leaflet its to do with possibly stopping 2 Amersham trains
per hour to allow 2 trains to run to Chesham instead throughout the day
thereby giving Chesham an "all day" service to central London.
Its poor if you live at Amersham I guess, but during the day (when I have
used it) its hardly fight for a seat time

And the TfL leaflet does emphasise that there are still the Chiltern
services, which are possibly a faster service for some destination choices?

A discussion elsewhere suggested some Chesham pax use Amersham at the
moment, because of the bias in the existing services, and they'd switch to
Chesham...

Paul S