Old July 20th 08, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Petition to stop overcrowding on public transport

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 21:48:04 +0100, Colin McKenzie
wrote:

Perhaps a half-way house would be to remove the discount for rail
commuters continuing their journeys from London termini by zone 1
tube.

Or to offer a cheaper "Travelcard" option that included only bus
travel? There's tons of capacity in almost all of the bus network in
the peaks, and where there isn't it's hugely cheaper to provide more
than it is on rail.

The whole of zone 1 is within easy cycling distance of all
termini

That it is, but not all of us (even those of us who do cycle regularly
in other places and do enjoy it) like the idea of cycling in London as
a good stress-free way to start the day. (Nor, to be fair, is a Tube
journey, which is why my morning journey involves a bus and a walk
down the South Bank instead).

Neil

--
Neil Williams