Old July 21st 08, 01:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default Petition to stop overcrowding on public transport

"tim.." wrote in message

"Maria" wrote in message
Good idea. I've always thought there should be an active campaign to
discourage people who don't have to travel in rush hour from using
public transport at peak times.

But we do have this policy.

It's achieved by charging much higher fares in the peak.

(Or it was, until the Oyster virus came along)

Well, Oyster does encourage journeys to start before 7am, after 7pm and
after 9:30am. I suppose it could have a more complicated structure that
specifically raised zone 1 prices in the peaks, but even fewer people
would understand it then.