Old July 21st 08, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default What happened to the hybrid buses?

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 05:52:06 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Jul 21, 12:54 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
There are hybrids on the 129 and 360 (single decks) and a lone Wright
Hybrid double deck on the 141 (I believe). There are a number of
orders outstanding including some Enviro 400 double decks for the 16

I've seen Enviro 400s near where I live (can't miss them , its
emblazened over the back). They're just normal diesels with some extra
exhaust scrubbing arn't they?

Hybrid versions are being developed by Alexander Dennis - no idea
whether there will be any visual clues (other than livery) to
distinguish them from a diesel bus.

The Wright decker on the 141 looks just like any other Wright Gemini
(Volvo chassis) / Wright Pulsar (DAF chassis) double deck other than the
green "environmental" livery.

--
Paul C