Old July 22nd 08, 08:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] thagor2008@googlemail.com is offline

Default Oyster card hack

On Jul 21, 6:25 pm, Tom Barry wrote:
Adrian wrote:
"Batman55" gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

"Details of how to copy the Oyster cards used on London's transport
network can be published, a Dutch judge has ruled. "

Seehttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7516869.stmMaxB

And quite right too. Security by obscurity is a laughable farce.

Indeed. What NXP were trying to do smacks of claiming you can walk
safely off Beachy Head after banning the teaching of the Theory of Gravity.

I notice LUL are still claiming Oyster security is perfectly ok. Do
they live in a parallel universe or something?
The sooner this whole Oyster card b0ll0cks is blown apart the better ,
then we can get back to normal tickets without any you-forgot-to-touch-
out scams.

B2003