Old July 23rd 08, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
1506 1506 is offline

Default Crossrail approved

On Jul 23, 1:37*am, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 23 Jul, 00:10, 1506 wrote:

How will this work? *I thought that the Crossrail platforms were to be
on the south side of Paddington under the old cab road?

Yes they are. They're going to build a long thin two storey high
"spine of light" (by which they mean skylight) between the cab road
and Eastbourne Terrace, which will be directly above the island
platform.

Thank you for responding.

This is an interesting concept. I wonder how it will work in
practice. Will the top be glass? Will it be elevated? One has a
certain concern about antisocial behaviors. Will it become a super
sized-trash receptacle, or a magnet for graffiti?