Old July 25th 08, 08:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris[_2_] Chris[_2_] is offline

Default Can I punch a hole in my Oyster Card?

On 25 Jul, 21:27, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
"Tristan Miller" wrote in message

Greetings.

I have a retractable keychain I wear on my belt. *I find it useful to have
my Oyster Card on this as I don't have to fumble for it in my pockets
whenever I board a bus or enter a Tube station; the card is always hanging
from my hip, within easy reach of the Card readers.

Until now I've been putting my Oyster Card in the official plastic wallet
and punching a hole through that to put it on the keyring. *However, after
a while the soft plastic cracks or rips. *I figure a more durable solution
would be to punch through the Oyster Card itself, though I'm afraid that
doing so in the wrong place would render it useless.

Does anyone know if/where it is safe to punch a hole through an Oyster
Card? *Ideally I'd like to punch the hole near one of the corners, or near
one of the short edges.

Regards,
Tristan

--
* _
*_V.-o *Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)] * *Space is limited

Buy (and wear) a Tilley Hat. * They have a pouch in the crown which is the
right size for an Oyster card. * When you approach a reader simply take your
hat off and place it on the reader. * It's a very quick and simple process.- Hide quoted text -

Or get a leather luggage tag & keep yourcardin that - they areusually
pre-punched.