Old July 25th 08, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Oyster Card System Failure

On Jul 25, 5:57*pm, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 25 Jul, 16:47, MIG wrote:

Today I used Cannon Street NR, where the barriers were working and I
didn't see crowds of people with travelcards on Oyster waiting to be
let through. *I am on paper at the moment, so I didn't test it with an
Oyster Travelcard.

The problem was only affecting PAYG, which isn't available at Cannon
Street NR.

Well you know that and I know that ...

It's evidence for whoever can work out what the problem was.

So we know that touching an NR barrier at a station that never accepts
PAYG won't corrupt your Oyster if there is a valid travelcard on it.
But we don't really know anything else, like whether LU barriers would
have let travelcards through if they were switched on. Or the same
about NR barriers at, say, Liverpool Street.