Old July 27th 08, 12:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Marylebone barrier line gates

Does anyone else have problems with the barriers to/from the mainline
platforms at Marylebone? On at least one morning every week my Gold Card is
rejected with a 'Seek Assistance' message (which is easily resolved by
putting through the wide-aisle gate to revalidate it). This is not peculiar
to my current Gold Card as it happened with my previous ticket and with the
replacement that was issued once that one had become worn.

The problem only ever occurs on leaving the platforms, never on accessing
the platforms in the evening, and never occurs anywhere else on the mainline
or Underground network in London. It isn't an earth-shattering problem, now
that I know to revalidate it by using the wide-aisle gate (otherwise every
other gate throughout the Underground network will reject it for the
remainder of the day), it's just damned annoying and inconvenient when you
have a queue of other passengers virtually on your heels in the morning
peak, as you come to a halt and have to try to reverse back through them to
get to the wide-aisle gate.

This just seems a particularly strange problem, in that it only ever occurs
in that particular barrier line and only ever in the one direction. It's
clearly not a ticket fault as I'm using a new Gold Card and the problem also
occurred on the previous card and its replacement.