Old July 27th 08, 02:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristan Miller Tristan Miller is offline

Default Can I punch a hole in my Oyster Card?

Greetings.

In article , Barry Salter wrote:
Tristan Miller wrote:

Does anyone know if/where it is safe to punch a hole through an Oyster
Card? Ideally I'd like to punch the hole near one of the corners, or
near one of the short edges.

I'd strongly advise not to, both for the reasons mentioned in this
thread and because you'd be in breach of TfL's Conditions of Carriage by
doing so, specifically Condition 5.1:

All photocards and Oyster photocards remain our property and must not be
intentionally damaged, altered or tampered with in any way. We may
withdraw or cancel your photocard or Oyster photocard at any time. We
will only do this for a good reason and if we do, we will give you a
receipt. If a photocard is needed, you can only use your ticket or
Oyster card when you have your photocard with you. This also applies to
Oyster photocards when used with a printed ticket.

I don't have an Oyster photocard. I just have a regular Oyster card.

Regards,
Tristan

--
_
_V.-o Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)] Space is limited