Old July 27th 08, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster Card System Failure

In message
, at
03:19:55 on Sun, 27 Jul 2008, MIG
remarked:
My experience is that the management want to cover their backs WHEN
something fails, by saying "but we paid the most expensive
consultants".

They all charge about the same.

They could have spent an awful lot less on working with their own
staff to prevent it failing in the first place. I've seen that a few
times.

If they were in the habit of working with their staff, they might not
need the "rescue package".

And if it looks like the staff are failing (even if it's not the staff's
fault) they are likely to be the last place management looks to for new
skills to solve the problem.

But many of the staff's ideas, filtered and verified by the consultant,
can be exactly what the organisation needs.