Old July 27th 08, 06:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Tube Booze Ban - is it working?

On 27 Jul, 12:08, "Frank Incense" wrote:
Not even two months in and from my eyes it seems that people ARE actually
sticking to it. Or am I wrong? Probably only seen 1 empty can on the tube
since it started.
This is in complete contrast to the Smoking ban which is openly flouted and
has been in around 20 odd years.

I've seen a few drinkers - maybe slightly fewer than pre-ban, but not
by a significant number.

Not sure I'm with you on the smoking ban point though - I haven't seen
anyone smoking on underground bits of the Underground *ever*, and I
can't even remember the last time I saw someone smoking on a surface
platform...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org