Old July 27th 08, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Tube Booze Ban - is it working?

On Jul 27, 2:57*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:21:21 on Sun,
27 Jul 2008, Dave remarked:

I don't remember seeing any cans even before the ban, but then I don't
travel late at night.

I have to agree. Plenty of really drunk people (especially on the Circle
Line and inside) but very rarely anyone actually drinking.

Since I wrote my letter to the Standard complaining that elephants
ought to be banned from escalators, I haven't once been stuck behind
an elephant on an escalator.

(My letter didn't get printed, but it was obviously passed on to
TPTB. It just goes to show how one person can make a difference.)