Old July 27th 08, 07:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Tube Booze Ban - is it working?

In message of Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:57:43
in uk.transport.london, Roland Perry writes
In message , at 13:21:21 on
Sun, 27 Jul 2008, Dave remarked:
I don't remember seeing any cans even before the ban, but then I don't
travel late at night.

I have to agree. Plenty of really drunk people (especially on the
Circle Line and inside) but very rarely anyone actually drinking.

I think I see more 500ml alcohol cans than before the ban.

I was at Canning Town Bus Station on Saturday at 07.50.
A customer was both smoking and imbibing inside the enclosed area.

The station is only staffed 0830-1600 at the weekend.
I left the criminal to it.

Incidentally, there seems to be a discrepancy on smoking rules in bus
stations. Signage and practice permit it outside enclosed areas.
Conditions of Carriage say: "4.5. For safety reasons, on our buses, in
our bus stations and on Underground stations and trains you must not:
• smoke ...". Can anyone explain the usage of "in" and "on" in that?
--
Walter Briscoe