Old July 28th 08, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default Marylebone barrier line gates

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
Does anyone else have problems with the barriers to/from the mainline
platforms at Marylebone? On at least one morning every week my Gold Card
is rejected with a 'Seek Assistance' message (which is easily resolved by
putting through the wide-aisle gate to revalidate it). This is not
peculiar to my current Gold Card as it happened with my previous ticket
and with the replacement that was issued once that one had become worn.

The problem only ever occurs on leaving the platforms, never on accessing
the platforms in the evening, and never occurs anywhere else on the
mainline or Underground network in London. It isn't an earth-shattering
problem, now that I know to revalidate it by using the wide-aisle gate
(otherwise every other gate throughout the Underground network will reject
it for the remainder of the day), it's just damned annoying and
inconvenient when you have a queue of other passengers virtually on your
heels in the morning peak, as you come to a halt and have to try to
reverse back through them to get to the wide-aisle gate.

This just seems a particularly strange problem, in that it only ever
occurs in that particular barrier line and only ever in the one direction.
It's clearly not a ticket fault as I'm using a new Gold Card and the
problem also occurred on the previous card and its replacement.

Do they still have those scanners for the e-tickets?