Old July 30th 08, 09:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Drunk passenger attack leads to strike

On Jul 30, 9:32 am, Adrian wrote:
A drunk passenger attacked a member of staff, Jerome Bowes, on New
Year's Eve and this led to his sacking.
Why do I get the feeling this isn't quite the _whole_ story...?

Reads to me that the drunk passenger was the one who was sacked, which
knowing the RMT has every chance of being right.

Heh.

A quick google suggests Bowes "defended himself" in such a robust manner
as to break his wrist...

(that's Bowes's own wrist, ambiguity fans)

I like this from the RMT's PR: "Jerome has now been sacked by Tube
bosses. This despite the fact that the witness statements from other
staff all back Jerome"

In other news, the witness statements from other policemen in police
brutality cases always say that the suspect fell down the stairs...

Seriously - anyone who uses violence against customers, no matter how
much the customer is a ******, has no place in a customer service job;
and anyone who can't see that has no place in a customer service job
either. Well done LUL; I hope you stand up to the RMT ******* here...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org