Old July 30th 08, 03:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] thagor2008@googlemail.com is offline

Default Drunk passenger attack leads to strike

On Jul 30, 4:12 pm, John B wrote:
On Jul 30, 3:49 pm, wrote:

Hmm. Given that the victim had gone home by the time the BTP arrived,

So in other words he couldn't have been that badly injured

...which makes it OK to attack him?

Don't put words in my mouth. If it had been a vicious assault by a
member of staff then I doubt he'd be able to just walk off.

or was feeling guilty and legged it before he could be nicked.

...which means the force used against him was reasonable?

Quite possibly if he attacked the staff member first. Why should being
in a specific type of job prevent you from defending yourself?

If it occurred on LUL premises it should be on CCTV. If it is I'm sure
plod has already checked it.

But without a victim, a conviction is unlikely.

Not necessarily. The police manage it all the time with motorists and
other groups.

Probably not. If I was ****ed-up, or if I was sober but black/chavvy/
other 'considered-less-respectable' group, then I'd expect the plod to
take the public servant's side irrespective of what actually happened.

Wheres my violin when I need it.....

We're not talking about whether punching LUL staff is good, we're
talking about whether the account of the staff member is reliable.

If the police don't consider a crime has been committed then theres no
reason for LUL to sack him.

B2003