Old July 30th 08, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default Drunk passenger attack leads to strike

In article ,
Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, wrote:

If it occurred on LUL premises it should be on CCTV.

Yeah, like when that bloke got shot at Stockwell.

Oh no, wait.

I heard an interesting rumour about that a few weeks ago, which I pass
on without the benefit of any knowledge to assess its accuracy !

The reason why there was no CCTV footage of Stockwell, which IIRC was
stated to be because the cameras "weren't working", may have been because
many/most/all of the hard drives of many/most/all of the video recording
systems from across TfL were at that moment sitting in a big pile in a
police station somewhere, awaiting police time to review the footage
for evidence related to the then-recent bombing attempts, but nobody
had anticipated that more than a couple of spare hard drives would be
needed across the network so there were too few to install in their place.

As usual I'd welcome being told where I am wrong ! ;-)

Nick
--
Serendipity:
http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 6th June 2008)