Old July 30th 08, 11:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Drunk passenger attack leads to strike

On Jul 30, 7:44 pm, Nick Leverton wrote:
I heard an interesting rumour about that a few weeks ago, which I pass
on without the benefit of any knowledge to assess its accuracy !

The reason why there was no CCTV footage of Stockwell, which IIRC was
stated to be because the cameras "weren't working", may have been because
many/most/all of the hard drives of many/most/all of the video recording
systems from across TfL were at that moment sitting in a big pile in a
police station somewhere, awaiting police time to review the footage
for evidence related to the then-recent bombing attempts, but nobody
had anticipated that more than a couple of spare hard drives would be
needed across the network so there were too few to install in their place.

No idea whether that's true, but I like it a lot and it certainly has
a ring of truth to it...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org