Old July 31st 08, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] thagor2008@googlemail.com is offline

Default Drunk passenger attack leads to strike

On Jul 31, 12:20 am, John B wrote:
On Jul 30, 4:42 pm, wrote:

We're not talking about whether punching LUL staff is good, we're
talking about whether the account of the staff member is reliable.

If the police don't consider a crime has been committed then theres no
reason for LUL to sack him.

Which is utter bull****. If a LUL staff member at your local station
tracked down your details and called you a dickhead every time you
passed through the barrier, he'd be obviously and blatantly guilty of
gross misconduct without having committed a crime.

I was talking about this specific case, not in general. There was
obviously a fight and obviously the staff member defended himself or
plod would have hauled him off.

I'm amused to discover you're *so* right-wing in authoritarian terms
that it outweighs your hatred of the public sector in economic terms

I don't hate the public sector, I hate getting ripped off whether its
a public sector company like LUL or a private sector one like my
electricity company. I can change the latter , can't do much about the
former if I have to travel into central london.

and makes you spout nonsense that's irrational

Well, you'd know all about that.

B2003