Old July 31st 08, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another squashed bus

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 04:58:22AM -0700, wrote:

All these electronic devices - even the intrusive ones "announcing"
each and every stop. Why are they necessary? On the rare occasion a
passenger need to be told of a particular alighting point, why can't
they tell the driver and he then announces it over the NEVER-USED P.A.
system?

Hear hear!

And why, as happens far too frequently on route 38, does the
announcement say "the destination of this bus has changed" without
continuing "it will now terminate at ..."?

Your call is important to me. To see if it's important to
you I'm going to make you wait on hold for five minutes
before putting you through to Dave's mobile. This call will
be recorded for blackmail and amusement purposes.