Old August 1st 08, 07:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Rupert Candy Rupert Candy is offline

Default Storage of London tube stock?

On Aug 1, 5:55*pm, Chris Tolley wrote:
wrote:
Does anyone know what London tube stock is going to be stored there?

Precedent might suggest that it will be whatever is destined for the
Isle of Wight in about 2050.

Don't joke! I couldn't believe the way in which the 1938 stock's
bodywork has deteriorated in the past few years - huge patches of rust
right the way along the solebar and over the roof. The refurbishment
and repaint looks very pretty, but you really get the feeling they're
papering (or painting!) over the cracks...

Remind me again - why couldn't they send the old Jubilee stock to the
Island, or tack on an order for (say) 8 2-car units to the end of the
Victoria Line production run?