Old August 1st 08, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Storage of London tube stock?

On Aug 1, 8:30 pm, Rupert Candy wrote:

Remind me again - why couldn't they send the old Jubilee stock to the
Island,

Urban legend reputes underside electronics too exposed to sea water on
the pier.

I find that one hard to beleive it was a blocking point. I can
understand it might be a factor but given the age of '83 stock at
withdrawal, that they could have been acquired at scrap value with
oodles of spares, I'd suggest costs of relocating or sealing or
replacing that equipment would show a saving over unit whole life.

or tack on an order for (say) 8 2-car units to the end of the
Victoria Line production run?

I'm usually shot down whenever I suggest new stock for the IOW.

My favourite plan remains Siemens Avanto tram/trains for both
Lymington and IOW.

--
Nick