Old November 28th 03, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steph Davies Steph Davies is offline

Default Safety of Bendy buses vs double deckers

Robin May wrote in message . 1.4...
What are the safety implications of bendy buses? I've heard the stories
about cyclists/motorcyclists but how true are these and how much of a
problem is it?

I'm a cyclist and they scare the hell out of me.

I think they're a bad idea on many levels though... London just
doesn't have the roadspace to deal with them.

Look at the stop just outside Lewisham station, where they've had to
move the bus stop for the 436 back by 50m because the buses are so
long they block the double-deckers.