Old November 28th 03, 09:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steph Davies Steph Davies is offline

Default Bendy buses - speed of boarding

I know a few other people have mentioned this, but once we're into the
New Year with flat £1 pre-pay cash fares everywhere, there are going
to be many more people using 70p Saver tickets on bendy buses. These
people will have to board at the driver's door, completely defeating
the object of 3-door loading/unloading.

However, there is a very simple answer to this problem - have a Saver
ticket "bin" at each door, where you could drop your
"Driver/Conductor" part of the ticket as you board.

Why on earth has this not been done?