Old August 3rd 08, 05:19 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
The Real Doctor The Real Doctor is offline

Default Overcrowded trains

On 3 Aug, 12:00, "Peter Masson" wrote:

3 - Passengers climb down to track level. I've done this at Culrain, and at
Corrour, when the Saturday evening train used to have a 6 coach seats and
sleeper portion for London, plus a 6 coach portion for Glasgow. I alighted
somewhere in the vicinity of the loop points.

On a recent trip on the IoMR the one passenger for Ronaldsway climbed
down to track level and walked back to the "platform".

Ian