Old August 3rd 08, 08:39 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Overcrowded trains

In message . uk, at
21:30:00 on Sun, 3 Aug 2008, Colin Rosenstiel
remarked:
Why can't they terminate at Chesterton Parkway?

Only one terminating platform. I'm not sure it will accommodate 12 car
trains either.

No planning has included 12 car trains on West Anglia until a very recent
plan mainly concerned with issues nearer London but where Cambridge is
the only practical termination point. At least that's my reading of it.
I'm assured that the case for Chesterton Parkway is unaffected, mainly
because CB1 depends on diverting the cars from the existing station.

So how will Chesterton Parkway work? Shuttling one unit down to
Cambridge to connect with the remainder... and with only one platform
it'll be challenging to have sufficiently regular trains to attract
commuters in their cars.