Old August 4th 08, 08:39 AM posted to cam.transport,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Overcrowded trains

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 08:04:12 GMT someone who may be Bill Hayles
wrote this:-

With very few exceptions, the conductor rail at stations, and station
approaches, is on the side furthest from the platform face.

When I used to live in London I noted a number of locations where a
conductor rail was on the "platform" side within a coach length or
two of the ramp.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh