Old November 28th 03, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Pritesh Pritesh is offline

Default photocard for weekly travelcards for only zones 1 and/or 2 required again

Why did they do the trial in the first place ? What was the whole
objective? Is it to test commuters don't share their travelcard ? Is
it someone to do with the smartcard ?

Why hasn't anyone replied to my last question ? I still don't
understand the whole purpose of this travelcard exemption.

Basically yes.

A photocard is effectively a barrier to use.

If you want to encourage to move from paying for single journeys then
logically the next ticket up in the TfL range is the 7 Day
Travelcard/Bus Pass.

Passenger trades up - less queueing to buy single = benefit.
More likely to do this with no photocard.

No photocard = possible multiple use of card = disbenefit.

Is that why they brought back the photocard for weekly travelcards
for zones 1 and/or 2 ?

Rob.