Old August 5th 08, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
John B John B is offline

Default Storage of London tube stock?

On Aug 5, 11:34 am, wrote:
I believe you _may_ be barking up the wrong tree.

There is a plan for the best of the 1962 stock to be stored undercover
for possible use on the Bakerloo. At least, this was the suggested
plan a year ago, when TfL made no secret of its wish to reroute the
Watford-Euston DC service to Primrose Hill, and run tube stock through
from Watford to Elephant.

s/2/7, surely? Unless they'll be using the A62s to run a shuttle from
Queens Park to Watford, which would be, err, eccentric.

However, storage of 2009 victoria line stock also seems plausible - I
believe there may need to be a switch of trains en-masse, as the old
and new signalling systems are not compatible.

The system is intended to allow the 67 and 09 stock to work in
parallel:
http://tinyurl.com/54ueqb
However, it sounds like the 09 stock won't be able to operate until
the new signalling system is in operation (with the old one running in
parallel), so if there are delays to the upgrade programme then the
09s may have to go and hide for a while...

On the met, the S stock will be able to operate under conventional
signalling, as the auto operation will come later.

Indeed. Which reminds me, we should have a sweepstake for the
withdrawal date of the last of the D78 stock. I'm guessing Jan 2017...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org