Old August 7th 08, 08:56 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Blackfriars closure

In message , at 20:57:17 on Wed, 6
Aug 2008, Tim Roll-Pickering remarked:
Blackfriars is the station closest to my old school (City of London) and if
it had been closed when I went there I would have been almost permanently
late in the mornings and in the afternoons the combined effect of getting to
the nearest station (Temple?)

Mansion House is much closer, to the East.

and the mainline timetable would have almost doubled my journey home.
Nice!

Nothing suitable available from Cannon St?

"Richard Parry, London Underground's director of strategy and service
development, said: "The redevelopment of Blackfriars Underground station
is part of Network Rail works. Once the works are complete, customers will
get a new upgraded station with step-free access, increased capacity and
better interchange facilities between the Tube and national rail
services."

Oh yes, I've had *so* many problems interchanging with the current set-up at
Blackfriars!

I changed there recently and it was a pain. Needed a National Rail
ticket so up lots of stairs to the ticket office from the tube. I was
then catching a northbound train so had to go downstairs and back up
again.