Old August 7th 08, 09:20 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Blackfriars closure

In message of Wed, 6 Aug 2008
20:57:17 in uk.transport.london, Tim Roll-Pickering
writes
Paul Scott wrote:

"One of the capital's busiest Underground stations is to shut for nearly
three years. Blackfriars station, used by about 44,000 City workers and
tourists every day, will close for works to upgrade the main line
Thameslink."

Blackfriars is the station closest to my old school (City of London) and if
it had been closed when I went there I would have been almost permanently
late in the mornings and in the afternoons the combined effect of getting to
the nearest station (Temple?) and the mainline timetable would have almost
doubled my journey home. Nice!

The Journey Planner shows City of London [Boys] School is a 5 minute
walk from Blankfriars and 7 from Mansion House but 15 from Temple.
I fancy that the service withdrawal will not be an acceptable excuse.
I take it you dropped geography, early in your school career.
--
Walter Briscoe