Old August 7th 08, 08:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default Bus Heating in Summer

wrote:
On Aug 7, 6:33?pm, MIG wrote:
A couple of times in the last week I've caught an 8. ?Both times the
heating has been on full blast.

Is there something up with buses they are using that makes this
impossible to control?

Exactly the same with the buses I use most regularly: 28, 295 and 211.

I had just assumed it was the sadistic attitude of the drivers
concerned, but perhaps there is another reason!

Why don't you ask the driver to turn it off? Perhaps he isn't aware that
the heating is on.

Personally I've always assumed that a hot bus in summer meant that the
exteremly basic ventilation can't cope with the solar gain through the
windows. Indeed I'm not sure how buses are heated these days, e.g. whether
it's heated panels or hot air blown around. What's your evidence that the
heating is on rather than the bus just not being cooled?
--
Richard J.