Old August 9th 08, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Post Office Alley in Chiswick, London

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008, John Rowland wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Here's another thought: if you had a letterbox on both sides, could
you have two addresses? Do addresses in fact belong to letterboxes,
and not houses?

I take it you know about Baarle-Nassau?

Oh yes. Surely everybody knows about Baarle-Nassau?

I've just noticed that the Westbury Hotel gives its address as
The Westbury Hotel
Bond Street,
Mayfair,
London, W1S 2YF

I was aware that estate agents have grown Hampstead and Cla'am to cover
all London between them, but I was surprised to find that merely
sounding like it might be a prestigious address is enough to summon
"Bond Street" into existence.

The only question is whether it's the Bond Street in Ealing or the one in
Stratford!

tom

--
Everyone has to die sooner or later, whether they be killed by germs,
crushed by a collapsing house, or blown to smithereens by an atom bomb. --