Old August 9th 08, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Streetmap curiosity

"dB" wrote in message

"Richard J." wrote in message
om...
David Biddulph wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...

Today, the highest detail level is giving a patchwork of map tiles,
half from the most recent map and half from the previous one... the
colouring is different, so it is easy to tell which tiles are newer
and which are older, particularly if the boundary between new and
old runs through Euston Station. Every time you hit Refresh (F5) you
get a different selection, and the two coloured halves of Euston
swap around.

Looks OK to me.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...1&y=182773&z=1

I've just clicked on the above URL and found Euston station in two
colours. I clicked "Large Map" to widen the area and found that St
Pancras and King's Cross were similarly two-tone. Then I clicked refresh
and the tones on all three stations were swapped!
--
Richard J.

It's OK here. Whatever I do doesn't replicate the symptoms you report.
Might be worth clearing your browser's cache, if you haven't already tried
that.

why would clearing the cache work for a site that I have never been to
before?

I have just been there (for the first every time) and I have a two-tone
Euston as well

tim