Old November 29th 03, 10:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] romic@cix.compulink.co.uk is offline

Default Delays on 8 & 9 December

In article ,
(Ishmael Sayle III) wrote:

That should be 25mph, so the Circle will be going faster then!

Oops!, yes it should have been 25mph.

There was more to the information (listing the RMT demands) which I didn't
copy, but the last paragraph on that section read:

"For the safety of staff and passengers it is urgent that these measures
be implemented immediately. If management don't accede to these demands
then the union should introduce an ongoing work to rule backed up by
strike action".

Strange how the RMT have decided that since the state of the track is so
bad that it requires a speed restriction/go slow, they then have no
problems with running at normal speed over these sections after the 9th
December.

I think that the RMT have lost the plot and will no doubt have to back
down with egg on their face like they usually do.

I don't know what ASLEF's view on this is - as far as I know they haven't
balloted their members about the issues (but I may be wrong).

As for a work to rule, I can't see that having much effect because these
days staff effectively work to the rules anyway, purely because there's
not much leeway to do otherwise. If there is a work to rule, it will be
the staff that lose out, but then I don't suppose they thought of that.

Roger