Old November 29th 03, 11:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robert Woolley Robert Woolley is offline

Default Oyster Confusion

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:02:10 GMT, Thunderbug
wrote:

Ideally though, I'd just walk through the gate without visitng the
machine, and let the gate deduct me £3.80 or whatver from my card.

This is exactly how pre-pay will work.

a) You go through an entry gate. The value of the most expensive tube
journey gates gets take off the Oyster card.

b) You go through an exit gate. The balance between the most
expensive journey and your actual journey is restored onto the card.

Rog.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk