Old August 15th 08, 12:22 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default 01:40 from Queens Park

Wish me luck, I'm a bit to late to get to Euston for 01:34, but I'm
hoping to meet it here. I'm sat on the platform of the Relief
"down" (Northbound) at Queens Park railway station -- the track-
bashing guys in the ticket hall tell me the train doesn't always stop
here, but I've got the Thursday night 00:34 and 01:34 dozens of times,
and they always stop at QP.

If it doesn't, I'm up for a sheepish walk back through the ticket
hall, and

Oh why oh why can't they make Queens Park a proper stop -- or close it
completely. As far as I can tell they keep the two platforms open for
2 passangers a day tops -- they could let the WCML relief platforms
die of old age without a public inquest because of the DC lines, there
aren't any WCML main line platforms, and unlike Bushy or Wembley
Central with scheduled AC services, it's just a weird anomaly (that's
tantalisingly close to my work)

Ooh, an EWS freight with a load of cars just went through, how
exciting -- I guess it came from the link to the NLL near Gospel Oak
somewhere east of Queens Park, too close/fast for me to get the
number/nerd