Old August 16th 08, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

Default Email to Network Rail regarding Liverpool Street

wrote in message

Every morning there are large queues just to get to
the barrier. It now seems the staff have been told to not open the
disabled-access barrier to able-bodied passengers, making the problem
worse.

Nothing new I've seen people with large items be ignored by staff as they
can't be bothered to open the gate.

Across the entrance to platforms 13 and 14 is what appears to be an
old ticket office (I've tried to purchase tickets from there before,
but got told in barely-understandable English to use the main ticket
office).

I think thats a platform office now issn't it ? - I don't use that side of
the station much these days.

Has anyone had a response from Network Rail to a suggestion they made?
Was the suggestion acted upon?

Yes but only after nearley being run over by the person on the electric cart
moving bins arround in morning rush - that was after telephone calls to
station management, and a review of about a week's worth of CCTV to see the
problem (as was) every day.

As another gripe, why do they persist in placing A-boards with
ridiculous messages, such as "ENVIRONMENTAL NOTICE - do not feed the
pigeons", in the already congested main walkway in the station?

Take some photos send them to NR (General) NR LST Station management and
copy in health and safety. - that usually dose the trick.
We had all of the west side gates out of service a long while ago due to a
H&S issue with a lack of staff. They where told either open the gates and
allow people to pass or we close the entire station...

Good luck though!