Old August 16th 08, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

Default Email to Network Rail regarding Liverpool Street

wrote in message

Me too. Sometimes when my ticket does't work in the barriers, I have
to tap the person attending the gate and get a look of surprise that
somebody should want to use it.

Surprise, is that all! they must like you. I've had them try and close the
gate on me as I go throught with something big - that was fun.

I think thats a platform office now issn't it ? - I don't use that side
of
the station much these days.

Ah, thanks. It should still be moved and replaced with ticket barriers

I'll double check who actually uses it for what these days - I had a feeling
the people from the Pl.1 office ended up in there about a year or so ago.
Either way its highley unlikley that NR would remove it and but a gateline
in. Not until there is a persistant problem that lands them in trouble and
there forced into something.

Argh! Taking photos! Mr. Policeman: "Excuse me sir...". If Network
Rail had a measure of common-sense, they would know blocking the
(already too narrow) walkway was a bad idea.

Good point - there is another way.

All you need is an 'incident' someone falling over a sign, or getting
crushed, caught, injured in some way even better if the staff don't get
involved. Then you complain about that and involve whoever you feel you need
and make them review the CCTV. That should get something done.
Since the staff are down to the TOC you should also contact them about the
problems in general.

Keep your eyes open for the 'meet the manager/director' events that we have
on the main concourse every couple of months. Before everything went 'bad' I
used to have a few good contacts who could get things done.