Old August 17th 08, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Ed Banger Ed Banger is offline

Default TfL Admits Livingstone Regime Deliberately Obstructed Traffic Flows

In message
, Doug
writes
On 17 Aug, 08:24, "Brimstone" wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 16 Aug, 14:48, (Steve Firth) wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
http://www.abd.org.uk/pr/634.htm

I'm not sure who the Association of British Drivers are, so I'm not
sure how much to read into this.

It's hardly news. Anyone working in transport/telematics already knew
that Livingstone had issued an edict that the lights across London
were to be rephased to cause congestion prior to the introduction of
the congestion charge. In fact I stated this was what was happening
here at the time and had the usual cabal of ****wits and some who
should have known better screaming that it was a lie.

Road congestion is primarily caused by too many cars and if left to
its own devices would be self-limiting. Indeed it could even result in
a reduction of car travel as motorists get fed up with so many delays
they are themselves responsible for. Unfortunately, our road spaces
are allowed to be demand driven resulting in perpetual roadbuilding
and widening and tinkering to the detriment of the environment and
quality of life of many people.

What new roads have been built in London (inside the M25) over the last
(say) ten years Doug?

Do wake up!

Why cherry pick London where there isn't sufficient space available to
build new roads but M25 widening still seems to be ongoing?

Since you claim to live in London, Brimmy was just inviting you to write
on what you know about (which, let's face it, isn't very much).

Over the
rest of UK there are loads of roads continually being built or
widened.

"Cost of Britain's road-building projects soars by almost £4bn

That was an article about cost over-runs of existing road projects
rather than a surge in new projects, Duhg.

--
Ed Banger