Old August 18th 08, 07:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Hey ho, hey ho, its off to strike we go...

On Aug 18, 8:07*pm, Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote:
In message ,www.waspies.net
writes

Spares what a novel idea, I must suggest that one to Metropolitan Line
"management" they'll fall off their chairs laughing.
*The only (vague) possibility would be to use a couple of spares, but
as has already been mentioned, most lines are already at capacity
train *wise and no more can be fitted in without causing delays.

Quite agree - our lot have heard of them but they're usually out driving
uncovered turns!

The DLR seems to be parking a spare train at Lewisham (been back days
apart and seen the same one there), but I don't suppose they are
making full use of the available rolling stock during the current
works.